Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Disclaimer

I enjoy the company of a very diverse set of friends and acquaintances. It should come as no surprise, then, that I don't agree with the religious and political views of all of these friends and acquaintances. Because of this, I try to be careful with what I post on Facebook. I find no value in stirring up controversy. This is particularly true in the current American social climate where it seems that no issue is complete without controversy.

Those rules do not apply to this blog. While I do not intend to post anything overtly offensive, I do intend to post opinions that I hold. Sometimes those opinions may offend you. Often, you will not agree with those opinions. I will welcome your well-reasoned attempts to change my opinion. If it bothers you that I simply have a different opinion than you, you are encouraged to remain silent. 

Please also keep in mind that although I've learned to temper and control it a good bit, I still have running through my veins the "Anderson" blood. Although the Andersons are swedish in decent, they seem to have a more Irish temperament. I also am a designer of computer programs. This means that in a good week, I spend a significant amount of time debating from vague principles to detailed minutiae, with a good dose of semantics thrown in. 

So, can you expect that there may be a good amount of heated discussion... with a purpose. The opposite side of this is that any opinion I currently hold may be changed or tempered with reasonable discussion. So, if you have the fortitude, feel free to engage me. If you don't, I will try to mark topics that could cause controversy so that you can skip them and not be offended.

No comments:

Post a Comment